Nerdabilia (TM) Used & Surplus Items For Sale:
Prices do not include shipping and are subject to change without noitice.
All items sold "as is" (no returns).
All items are subject to prior sale or other changes in availability without notice.
List last updated 16 August, 2009
Jeffrey R. Charles, Pasadena, CA; jcharles *at* versacorp.com
ORDERING: PayPal payment address is the E-mail address shown above, but with the "at" symbol substituted for the spaces, asterisks, and the word at. For other ordering instructions, please see lower part of Versacorp Astro Accessories web page. Please inquire about availability of a given item and its shipping cost prior to ordering. SOME items on this particular web page cannot be shipped outside the United States. Thank you.
OPTICAL & SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS, TRIPODS, etc.
Aus-Jena heavy wood tripod with large Davis & Sanford pan/tilt head. Suitable for Questar. Condition is good except that the legs were shortened a little so tripod would fit in luggage for a solar eclipse trip. $195.00
+ shipping. Will consider selling the tripod alone for slightly less.
Large crescent style tripod head that permits 90 degree rotation of heavy camera with little change in the center of gravity. Does not include any tripod. $75.00 + shipping.
Gitzo low profile 3 axis tripod head. This is an early head where the side tilt is below the elevation tilt. Head is missing the base disk, so it has no azimuth motion. A base ring is needed to make this a working head. Sold as is. $19.00 obo.
Gitzo R No. 2 tripod head. Fair to good condition, but is missing long handle for the side tilt. It is currently configured to use the second (short) lock knob for the elevation tilt to lock the side tilt, and a knob of the proper thread (but a knob not made by Gitzo) is used as the small lock knob on the elevation tilt. $59.00
Rotary binocular interoccular adjustment mechanism. All brass and mounted in a 14 x 27 cm brass plate. Has dual filter wheels but filter glass is separated. Includes one 32 mm f.l. eyepiece. An interesting piece. $75.00
Original rolling case with foam for Celestron Ultima 11. I am using the JMI C11 case and no longer need the original C11 case. $150.00 obo (Local pickup from where case stored only.)
Padded leather wine bottle case with inside dimensions of about 13x12x5 inches. Has Top Change Prestolock combination lock. Fair condition. Acquired to use for astro accessories but it was not a good fit for my stuff. $29 obo.
Sky & Telescope magazine. 25 years (1964-1988) Only a few issues missing in 1980's: $500.00 obo
Misc. adapters, lenses, mirrors, components, optical glass, etc., are listed in Closeout Specials & One of a kind Items.
35 MM FILM PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT:
- Nikon tn TTL meter prism for Nikon F. Meter not accurate. EX- $80.00 obo
- Accura 28mm f/3.5 T-mount pre-set lens. G $39.00 obo
- 35mm f/3.5 T-mount pre-set lens; missing rear element. $5.00 obo
- Kalimar 40mm f/4.5 lens. Exakta mount. $29.00 obo
- Nikon 20mm f/3.5 lens, front and rear elements have significant dings and scratches. $119.00 obo
- Nikon 50mm f/1.8 Series E lens. Excellent condition. $45.00 obo
- Balmite 50 portable slide projector. $29.00 obo
- Also have misc. lenses, mirrors, leaf shutters, components, optical glass, etc. Please check out Closeout Specials & One of a kind Items or inquire by E-mail.
MEDIUM FORMAT FILM PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT:
- Mamiya C3 TLR camera body. Works, but name plate and cable release
fitting missing. $59 obo. U.S. Shipping for this item probably about $10.
- Mamaya 65 mm f/3.5 lens for TLR. Version with chrome shutter dial. Works, but speeds below 1/15 second a little sluggish. $99.00 obo
- Mamaya 180 mm f/4.5 lens for TLR. Version with chrome shutter dial. Only shutter speeds 1/30 second and above work. $69.00 obo.
- Mamiya leather case for 65 mm f/3.5 TLR lens. $20.00 obo
- Optics only for Mamiya 180 mm f/4.5 TLR lens. Front group OK but rear group badly etched from mildew. $29.00 obo
- Please check out Closeout Specials & One of a kind Items for other items or inquire by E-mail.
PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT BOXES AND PUBLICATIONS:
- BOX AND STYROFOAM ONLY for Vivitar 85mm f/1.8 pre-set T-mount lens. Missing end flap. $4.00
- BOX LID only for Kindermann film developing tank. Older box from before red and black color scheme. So-so condition $2.00
DIGITAL CAMERAS AND ASTRONOMY RELATED CCD CAMERAS:
- SBIG ST-237 with 12 Volt Power Cord (not the 115V power supply), control box, power cable, Parallel cable, CCDOps version 4 software, and original foam padded cardboard box. Includes the built-in CFW5 filter wheel (RGB plus clear, plus opaque). This is the 12 bit ST-237 camera, not the 16 bit ST-237A. Last I checked, SBIG could upgrade the ST-237 to a 16 bit version for about $200. I got some good planet images with this camera, but am selling it because I upgraded to the 16 bit ST-237A camera. $430.00 obo
VIDEO CAMCORDERS, CAMERAS AND LENSES:
Philips NXA 1031 low light C-mount CCD monochrome video camera in custom metal housing
with side mounted power and video connectors. Controls for gain & gamma. 0.02 lux
sensitivity. Operates on 12 V DC. Includes cables. $395.00 obo
- Kern Pallard 25 mm f/1.4 C-mount video lens. $75.00 obo
- Fujinon 16-160 f/1.8 zoom lens with 42 mm threads and 28 mm back focus. (Huge lens!) $250.00 obo
- Canon 17-102 mm f/2 c-mount zoom lens. C-mount threads dinged and will not thread onto camera. $15.00 obo
- Magnavox 2/3" color Newvicon video camera with 8x zoom lens and 4 color character
generator with keyboard. For use with a separate VHS recorder. $129.00 obo (Comment: This item cannot be sold until I can use it to test a video breakout box that I haven't built yet but that is is on my do list. It probably won't be available this year.)
- Sony CCD-TR7 Camcorder. Does not work at all. Video is all one color and tape transport is broken. OK cosmetically except that rubberized coating on tape door cover is mottled. Includes original box and all standard accessories except the video modulator (the small widget that changes the output to F-connector). This item would be more for a collector display, since it was the first "small" camcorder with an 8:1 zoom lens. $40.00 obo
- Sony wireless remote for CCD-TR7 camcorder. Has remote and a wired part that connects to the camcorder. Provides zoom and record start/stop control. Appears to only work on TR7, because does not control other cameras. Includes box. $25.00 obo.
- COMMENTS: A few people have inquired about the Toyo 25mm f/0.95 C-mount video lens, which is sold. If you are looking for a lens like this, simply try a search on eBay for 25* 0.95* lens* (be sure to include the asterisks), and every few months, a 25 mm f/0.95 lens by either Toyo or Schneider will show up, usually for under $250.00
VIDEO RECORDERS AND PROCESSORS (ALL SOLD AS-IS):
Comment: Most of these items are heavy, so shipping will be relatively expensive. Local pickup preferred.
- JVC HR-S2901U VHS VCR. Has a quasi-S-VHS output that lets you play S-VHS tapes but not record in S-VHS. Bought as open box item at a local store in early 2000's. Works, but audio quality is not as good as the audio in the Panasonic decks I'm used to. Condition is OK, except that a power cord I had sitting on top of the unit in storage reacted with the top of the plastic housing and made a few small serpentine impressions. Price reflects no remote, since I can't locate it. If the remote turns up, I'd send it along later. $40.00 obo
- Panasonic AG-1970 S-VHS VCR. Tape transport works, but picture has vertical scale and vertical hold problems that could be associated with timing errors. Gets better after VCR has been on a couple of hours, but never gets so picture is worth looking at. No remote. This was an eBay item advertised to be working, but that had the described problem. (Didn't get my money back, but at least the seller got kicked off of eBay.) $79.00 obo
- Panasonic PV-4961 VHS VCR with remote. VCR will not power on. My dad bought this VCR new in about 1990, and it worked well for over 15 years. Then one day, it just would not turn on. The fuse for the input power is blown, but when a new fuse is added, it just blows right away. $19.00 obo.
- Quasar VH5477 VHS VCR. Pretty plain model. Plays tape but has no remote. $25.00 obo
- Sony EV-S550 Video 8 mm VCR (NOT Hi-8). Every other field in video is static, so picture is not worth looking at. Bought new in 1991, but problem started after about 5 years. No remote, because I am using remote with a working EV-S550 deck I later got used. $90.00 obo
- Sony SLV-R5 S-VHS VCR. Does not work at all. Power supply, data displays, and the S-VHS input on line 1 are all known to be bad. Bought new in late 1992 with extended warranty, but extended warranty company went out of business just before deck quit working in 1995. No remote, but has original box and manual. $70.00 obo
- Sony SLV-R5 S-VHS VCR. Does not work at all. Power supply is known to be bad. No Remote. This was an eBay item advertised to be in working condition, but that was DOA. $70.00 obo.
- Remote only for Sony SLV-R5 VCR. Remote worked when VCR quit working, so I assume remote still works. $80.00 obo
AUDIO EQUIPMENT (ALL SOLD AS-IS):
- JVC KD-1770 Mark 2 stereo audio cassette deck. Top of the line tape deck from late 1970's. Heavy aluminum control panel. Very high fidelity. Has stereo mic./line mixing with slide controls. ANRS switch & auto stop not reliable. One VU meter out, but will "sometimes" play and record OK with the ANRS off. ANRS differs enough from true Dolby that tapes made on one don't quite sound right on the other. $99.00 obo
- Sansui SC-1330 stereo audio cassette deck. Interesting design that does not use a tape door. Relatively old, since it has only the original version of Dolby. Plays tape OK in short test. $35.00 obo
Lots of LP records; 50's, 60's & 70's artists + classical & elevator music. Most are $3-$9 ea.
- Power Components switching power supply; +/-5V, +/-12V outputs. $19.00 obo.
MACHINERY & TOOLS:
- Dura Craft band saw/cut-off saw with stand & 2 blades. $129.00 obo. You pick up.
- Enco light duty sheet metal brake. Made of aluminum. $29.00 obo. Shipping is probably about $15.
- Lots of aluminum, etc. sheets and extruded round & square tubing. $2.50/pound. You pick up.
OLD TOYS: (>20 years old) Prices not yet posted.
Please inquire (and please allow at least a week for me to respond)
- Bottles and Boxes, etc:
- Avon Electric Charger / 5 oz. wild country after shave with Box. Nearly empty.
- Avon Solid Gold Cadillac / 6 oz. Excalibur after shave. Nearly empty.
- Avon The Capitol / 5 oz. Leather after shave. Nearly empty.
- Captain Crunch promo. plastic bowl from late 1960's. Blue. 5 inches square by 1.5 inches deep.
- Cars and Trucks, etc.:
- Bachmann Mini-Planes #03 Mig-21C in original package. From early 1970's.
- Britains Ltd. canon. Shoots segments of tooth picks. 4 inches long. Pat. No. 641319.
- Dinky Supertoys 998 4 engine Canadian Pacific passenger prop. aircraft. 7 inches long. Missing the front wheel and one propeller. Bought as is at an Estes Park, CO gift shop in mid 1970's.
- Illinois Central Metal Truss Bridge from late 1950's. 18 inches long.
- Matchbox No. 65 red Jaguar 3.4 Litre with opening hood. From Early 1960's. No box.
- Matchbox #49 Unimog with box. Tan and green color. From mid 1960's. Tires look good but are loose.
- Matchbox #61 Alvis Stalwart with box. From late 1960's.
- Matchbox Models of Yesteryear Y-10 1928 Mercedes Benz 36/220 with box.
- My-Lint Toys metal Ford Roadster. 9 inches long ~1965.
- Processed Plastic Co. red plastic race car from early 1960's. Driver's arms move with steering wheel. 9 inches long.
- Tonka Toys Orange Allied Moving Van from late 1950's. Promo for Federal Van and Storage Co. KCMO. 6 + 17 = 23 inches long.
- Building Sets:
- American Bricks wood building set from late 1950's. Includes only
about a third of the original set. Does not include any of the original
cardboard doors or windows but I can supply a digital photo of these
items with the set. Similar to Lego, except that the bricks don't stick together, which in my opinion is more realistic and educational than Lego.
- Lincoln Logs - all wood set from early 1960's. Includes photocopy of instructions.
- Dolls and Banks:
- Brown Teddy Bear 17 inches tall, has a 2 inch tear in neck and is missing one eye. From late 1950's.
- Fuzzy yellow "Nuthin" (similar to a Star Trek tribble) 5 x 6 inches. Mid 1960's.
- Fuzzy, soft, white "Froy" (similar to a small Star Trek tribble) 3 x 4 inches. Late 1960's.
- Pottery white and blue piggy bank from mid 1960's. ~5 inches long.
- Gumby figure. Purchased new in late 1960's. 6 inches tall.
- Pokey figure. Purchased new in late 1960's. 5 inches long.
- Monopoly game, less board. Circa ~1952.
- Holiday and Birthday items---
- S.S. Pleasure Cruise 4 pc. wood passenger ship candle holder set in box. From late 1960's. Made in Japan.
- Misc. Plastic Easter eggs, and Styrofoam rabbit. All from late 1960's.
- Plastic battery powered lighted jack lantern from mid 1960's. 4 inch diameter.
- Cols. Plastic Co. TV Night Light from late 1950's. 7 inches square. Patent No. 2,575,770.
- Wham-o Super Ball. Small 1 inch size. Year of 1965 molded on ball.
- Try-it 3 dimensional clear plastic maze from late 1960's. 4 inch cube. Comment: As a kid, I used to be able to solve this puzzle in about 9 seconds. I don't want to sell it until I have time to learn it again and take a video of myself working it as fast as I can now.
- RCA solid state AM pocket radio from late 1960's.
- Stunt Flyer balsa wood glider from early 1970's. In original package with 15 cent original price marked.
NEWER TOYS: (Most prices not yet posted. Please inquire)
- Bachmann Tracksters mororized H.O. scale pickup truck in original box. Runs on H.O. train track.
- Fast Lane Space Shuttle in original card pack. From 1995.
- Fast Lane SR-71 Spy Plane in original card pack. From 1995.
- Hot Wheels #194 Goodyear Blimp from 1995. 1 unopened, 1 opened.
- Hot Wheels #249 Fuji Blimp from 1995. Unopened. Have 2.
- Tonka yellow Ford Pinto with push and release spring motor from early 1980's. 4 inches long.
- Watkins/ERTL 1913 Ford Model T Watkins Truck Bank w/Box. #F435-1925. 6 inches long. 1995.
- Marble 13 inch square chess board with marble chess set.
- 5 decorative Brass cups and pitchers from late 1970's.
- Sheet metal treasure chest from early 1980's. 4 x 7 inches.
- Rubik's style Pyramid - a simpler puzzle than the cube. 2 inches high.
- Minicraft 30 inch long mostly unbuilt model of the Titanic. Hull has been painted, but not very accurately. $25 obo
- Large chrome model of Apollo 11 capsule, command module, and lunar module. Includes original box. Assembly is over a foot long. Has audio in lunar module that plays Neil Armstrong's first words on the moon. This is a delicate model, and is not for kids. $40 obo
- 8"-10" metal bench lathe with quick change gearbox and
metric threading capability. Must weigh less than 450 pounds and be
in very good condition. Prefer a Blantain, but may consider a
25 cm Prazi or an 11 inch Myford.
- Clean 19" 1U rack mount patch bay with RCA (and preferably also S-VHS) jacks.
- Fujinon 16 x 70 binoculars with high eye relief.
- Video of a Gordon Lightfoot concert prior to 1980. Would make do with an audio recording, but prefer video, even if made from 8 mm movies. I haven't been able to find a commercial video from this era, though I have "Old Gord's Re-cords" from this era.
Condition codes (Applicable only when indicated for a given item):
5=Beat (may not work)
Return to Versacorp Home Page
Nerdabilia (TM) is a Versacorp division and Trademark (1996).
Document originated: 20 June, 1996
Document last modified: 16 Aug. 2009